HEIA(Q) would like to acknowledge high quality teachers within our profession, but we need your help. It’s time to share with others the exemplary work done by home economics teachers. Please tell us about their activities and achievements by nominating them for a teacher excellence award.
must be received
no later than
of the year of nomination
The Queensland Division of the Home Economics Institute of Australia invites nominations for the HEIA(Q) 2019 Home Economics Teacher Excellence Awards. This is an invaluable opportunity to recognise and celebrate the outstanding work done by home economics practitioners. Home economics teachers contribute much to education in Queensland and this is one way the profession can acknowledge practitioners who excel in the field.
The Excellence Awards will be presented at the HEIA(Q) state conference. Regional functions may be arranged to celebrate awardees from regional centres.
Who are you going to nominate?
HEIA(Q) would like to acknowledge high-quality teachers within our profession, but we need your help. It’s time to share with others the exemplary work done by home economics teachers. Please tell us about their activities and achievements by nominating them for a teacher excellence award.
Nominations are invited for practising teachers who have, in recent times, demonstrated excellence consistently across several facets of home economics education, such as teaching practice, curriculum development, student success and professional activities. Primary focus should be given to activities relating directly to home economics but may also include activities relating to, for example, hospitality and early childhood.
- Nominees must be financial (individual or school) members of HEIA Inc.
- A member who has received an HEIA(Q) Home Economics Teacher Excellence Award is eligible for renomination three years after receiving the award.
- A maximum of three awards will be presented annually. A panel will review the nominations.
- Nominations must address at least two of the three criteria comprehensively but be clear and concise, occupying no more than two A4 pages.
- You may nominate a colleague or yourself.
- Each nomination must be seconded by another member or a school representative such as the principal.
- Demonstrated ability of the nominee to implement high-quality and/or innovative teaching practice to ensure maximum learning outcomes within a context of home economics
- Development of a high-quality and/or innovative curriculum within a school-based environment—this could include the development of programs that relate to syllabus documents, work programs, or a contribution to syllabus development
- Contribution to professional activities by developing, facilitating or being involved in the implementation of professional development opportunities for colleagues
To nominate a colleague, please download and complete the nomination form and respond to the selection criteria and forward to:
Teacher Excellence Awards
Home Economics Institute of Australia (Qld)
PO Box 581
Hamilton Central QLD 4007
or scan and email to email@example.com